About Shaw Broadcast Services
Shaw Broadcast Services (SBS), a division of Shaw Communications Inc., is one of North America's largest full service commercial signal distribution networks. SBS delivers more television and radio signals to North American cable companies than any other single-source satellite signal supplier.
- Over 570 English, French and multilingual video and audio signals via 68 satellite transponders from Anik F1R , Anik F2 & Anik G1.
- Unparalleled service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Regularly upgraded network and operating systems to deliver the highest quality products.
- Over 30 years of experience serving Canadian cable.
Visit our Operations Centre
News and bulletins
Stay up to date with the latest news and information at Shaw Broadcast.
- November 6, 2017
MPEG-4 HD Signals Available From Shaw Broadcast Services
- October 17, 2017
Launch of Yes TV HD in MPEG-4
- September 12, 2017
- MPEG-4 Transition Plan - Phase 1 Step 12-13
- August 24, 2017
- Launch of Four OMNI HD Regional Signals
- August 16, 2017
- MPEG-4 Transition Plan - Phase 1 Step 11
- July 18, 2017
- MPEG-4 Transition Plan - Phase 1 Steps 8 - 10
- July 1, 2017
- HD Companion Channels
- July 14, 2017
- Date Changes to Phase 1 - MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 TRANSITION
- June 15, 2017
MPEG-4 Transition Plan - Phase 1 Step 7 - RDS 2 HD and Discovery Velocity HD
MPEG-4 Transition Plan - Phase 1 Step 7 - TSN HD Signals being authorized by Bell Media
- June 1, 2017
- MPEG-4 Transition Plan - Phase 1 Step 6
- May 18, 2017
- MPEG-4 Transition Plan - Phase 1 Step 5
- April 20, 2017
- Transition to MPEG-4 - Changes Occurring in May 2017
- March 23, 2017
- Launch of 3 HD Channels
- March 21, 2017
- Transition to MPEG-4 - Changes Occurring in April 2017
- March 17, 2017
- Two New HD Signals Added
- February 7, 2017
- Phase 1 Technical Information
- January 20, 2017
- MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 Transition Update Version 9
- January 10, 2017
- Transition to MPEG-4 Reminder
- December 11, 2012
- Esata DVR Expander Now Available For QT-Plus
To view more bulletins, visit our news archive